Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dr. Darm, Turns Back Hands of Time with the Lipolift




Turn Back Hands of Time
AMNW Segment
Story Published: Nov 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST

So we’re ready for the holidays or are we? Do you want look better and look slimmer and more well rested during this hectic holiday season. Well Dr. Darm has the answers called Lipolift. We welcome from Aesthetic Medicine Dr. Jerry Darm along with patient Gretchen Baker.

So this is a procedure that melts away the fat so we could fit into the tighter jeans if we want to.
Absolutely, it’s a laser that goes underneath the skin, melts the fat, the fat is sucked out. A couple of days of downtime and your back at it, back to work.

When the fat is sucked out, how invasive is that?
Well, it’s just minimal. It’s a small canula about the size of the straw.

And that fat does not come back?
No.

So Gretchen, let’s take a look at your before and afters and have Dr. Darm tells us about the before and afters as well.
You can do your tummy, you can do your thighs, and in Gretchen’s case we did her tummy, her thighs and her love handles as well. We can see that significant, well, reshaping and resizing here, basically.

So Gretchen, what’s been the difference for you?
One of the difference for me is just feeling better, feeling more confident. Also I said, like Dr. Darm said, very little downtime I basically went in have my two days off like my normal 2 days scheduled off. Then just went back to work.

Physically what do you see, are you able to get into the smaller size pair of pants? Are things feeling better?
Things are feeling better. I have lost 2 pants sizes so just by doing the procedure. The reason I went in to see Dr. Darm is I saw something on his website and it intrigued me because it was so non-invasive and it was just one of those things – I just wanted to get rid of the you know like the ‘muffin top’.

I would assume for a lot of people when they had this procedure they’ve tried diet, they’ve tried exercise but we’re talking parts of the body that it’s hard to get those places sculpted to the shape they want.
So many people, they exercise, they diet and they just have that little bit left basically. And so you know the chin for example.

In just a short recovery period of time you can have these results, are they long lasting?
They’re long lasting. You’re killing the fat cell. The fat is not gonna come back in that area and so it’s really a very long term minimally invasive procedure.

Was there any pain involved?
There was discomfort. I wouldn’t call it excruciating pain I would call some minimal discomfort for a couple of days.

What are your friends say to you now?
As time goes on, it’s more noticeable just like ‘Oh I’m starting to see some curves there’ as time goes on because it’s a process. I mean, I didn’t just go just walking at the hospital out of his hospital ‘Oh yeah you look fantastic’. It was a process and one of the great things about going to Dr. Darm’s office was the fact that those expectations were set. It wasn’t like ‘OK well I see you here your 48 now you’re gonna go walking out size 2’. That there was no unrealistic expectations. Dr. Darm and his entire staff were just fantastic.

You look great, you feel great that’s what it’s all about. If you would like to see more of Dr. Darm visit www.drdarm.com or call at (503) 697 9777 for a free consultation.