Friday, December 16, 2011

Dr. Darm with Medically Supervised Weight Loss Patients Rick and Kathy Webb




Dr. Darm of Aesthetic Medicine went to AMNW on December 15, 2011 with weight loss patients Rick and Kathy Webb to tell us how the medically-supervised weight loss program not only helps you achieve your weight loss goals but can dramatically improve your overall health.

So, Dr. Darm explain first how the weight loss program works.
Well, it's medically-supervised and many of the patients opt to take the food holiday. They go away from food for a while and just used the diets shakes and the weight comes off very quickly and effectively. In essence, the appetite goes away when you're in this program which is why the average patient loses about 40 - 60 lbs.

When you say food holiday, how long is that holiday?
3 to 6 months.

What are you doing for nutrition?
The shakes are nutritionally balanced, so you get basically get everything that you need. You really get healthier when you're in these shakes than when you are in the American diet.

Rick and Kathy let's take a look on your before and after pictures, incredible! Rick, what was the whole process life for you?
You know, you go on to the shakes, you start losing weight I think I lost 10 lbs the first week or pretty close to that and it just sheds off every week and it's really easy.

Were either of you having medical issues because of your weight?
I have been a diabetic for probably 5 or 6 years now, I am taking insulin every evening and I think it was like 5 shots a night. Now I'm taking half shot a night and I'm actually even better as far as my numbers. I'm actually down in the 80-85 range that you're suppose to be.

Kathy, I can understand why a couple might want to try the program together because it's easy, but tell us how much easier was it to do a weight lost program to do it with your husband?
Actually it made super simple. First of all, the program is really easy. It takes away all your choices because your drinking your meals but I couldn't do it without..uhm..doing it with my husband just because there's no food in the house.

No temptations.

Let's take a loot at your before and after pictures. Remarkable pictures here. How much weight did you lose?
I lost 37 lbs.

Wow! How do you feel now? How's life changed for both of you? What can you do now that you didn't used to do?
Cross my legs!

How do you feel, Rick?
I feel great! Not only my diabetes a lot better but I had arthritis signs coming on fairly heavily, I had a bad knee and hip and the lose of the weight I don't even feel those anymore which is awesome.

And Dr. Darm, why is it so important to be medically supervised while you undergo a program like this?
We do lab test every month, we do an EKG, before they start. And for example like Rick, we need to monitor the level of insulin and so on and those have to be drop very quickly in other words you got to make some changes. So that's why it is so important to be medically supervised the patients.

It's really a good point because as you mentioned your medication has changed and if you are doing it at home on your own and your medication has changed, you maybe over medicated for some point.

Now what do they have to do to maintain their weight?
We do the maintenance program, continue to take shakes, 2 to 3 shakes a day, walk 3 miles a day and of course have regular visits for the reinforcement that we give during the maintenance program.



Call (1-888) 697 9717 for a free consultation.